Its probably the question I’m asked most – How long do lash extensions last? Professionally applied lash extensions that use quality adhesives and lashes, combined with correct placement technique should last the duration of the lash cycle of each lash they are applied to. But, lash aftercare is just as important as application if you want your new lashes to last!
Maintenance is important too!
Following your lash extension treatment, I recommend top up treatments every 2-3 weeks. Why every few weeks? Because your natural lashes have a life cycle of around 90 days and are constantly shedding, which will cause your lashes to naturally fall off. The maintenance procedure simply adds extra individual extensions to those places where your natural lashes have completed their life-cycle – keeping your new look in tip top condition.
Before your appointment
– Come to your appointment without eye makeup, or if that’s not possible don’t remove it with a wipe or anything oil based, we will remove any makeup when you get here.
Lash extension Aftercare Advice
– For the first 24 hours after any lash treatment your lashes should remain dry and untouched – it’s important not to allow any water to come into contact with your lashes.
– For 2 days afterwards do not steam your face, use a steam bath, sauna, swim or wash your face with hot water.
– Do not use waterproof mascara, no mascara is best.
– Your lash extensions should be kept clean but always use an oil free make-up remover around your eyes. Lash extensions and oil are not friends, check any skincare products that may come into contact with your extensions.
– Do not attempt to perm or use lash curlers on eyelash extensions.
– Don’t rub your eyes when washing your face – always pat the lashes dry after cleansing.
– Don’t pull off, pick or play with your lashes. Gently move them back into position with a brush, if you have any lashes you think need removing please contact me.
– Gently brush your lashes in the morning to separate and untangle them.
– Ensure the lashes are not manipulated into different positions (e.g. when sleeping, cleansing the face, applying moisturiser or cosmetics).
I offer a professional lash extension service including Classic, Hybrid and Russian Lashes from my home studio based in Unsworth, Bury. After you appointment you’ll be given a free of charge lash care kit, this includes everything you need to take care of your new lashes.
If you’re looking for a lash tech in Bury, Manchester you can contact me here.